Greenville County Rec is committed to maintaining a safe and healthy environment for both our employees and guests during the COVID-19 pandemic. In accordance with this commitment, the following actions and preventative measures have been implemented at all 3 waterpark locations, including Discovery Island, Otter Creek and 7th Inning Splash. In return, we ask that when you visit our parks you show respect for staff and others by obeying social distancing, utilizing sanitation stations and exercising patience when approaching slides and attractions. Click here for DHEC’s COVID-19 guidelines for patrons.
Tickets & Waterpark Entry
- Entry is divided into two lines, one for pass holders and those who purchased advanced tickets and one for patrons who need to purchase a ticket. We recommend purchasing tickets online to minimize time spent in line.
- Tape on the ground marks 6 foot distances to guide those who are waiting. All lines will be moved to outside areas only. There will be no lines formed inside of buildings.
- Signs are posted to remind customers to social distance and follow safe practices
- Plexiglass dividers are placed between customers and staff behind counters
- Self-service payment options are available by credit card
Inside the Waterparks
- Chairs are placed 6 feet apart
- Lines for rides, attractions and concessions are marked with color coded tape
- Sanitation stations are available throughout the park
- Water fountains are for use filling water bottles only
- All staff will be wearing gloves and have the option to use a mask
- Customers are welcome to wear masks throughout the waterpark
- Chairs are sanitized throughout the day and can be requested to be sanitized by staff at any time.
- Lifeguards will use a mouth guard if and when performing CPR
- No queues will be formed on stairs leading up to slides. All lines will form on the ground where 6 foot distances can be maintained.
- Tubes will be thoroughly sanitized after each use
- Life jackets will be sanitized after each individual use
- Restrooms will be sanitized frequently
Please note that this list is not exhaustive and may not include all safety requirements implemented. We strive to meet all Local, State, and Federal requirements to maintain cleanliness and a high level of safety at all times. CDC guidelines are also being followed at all Greenville County Rec Waterparks.